2011-08-18

W5 Over view of sustenance design

Matrix: because the table is not wide enough, therefore, I drew in other side. Sorry about that



The camera v.s pencil in my site.



Those are previous drawings.





Overview

Concept:

Coffee is my physical sustenance and the imagination is my mental sustenance, therefore, I combine them together to design a place that for people to enjoy coffee and people can create shapes what they need by their imagination. The idea comes form Jenga which people can pull the bricks out of the structure.


Further development:
The problem that I have in this design is the surface I haven't designed yet. I don't want to design each bricks has different pattern, I would like all the surfaces is form one picture or patterns. Therefore, each brick has individually unique pattern on the surface and at the same time, the pattern can be match when people pull the adjacent brick. So the problem is the picture should be HD, than when pattern on each brick wouldn't be misty.

Pin wall : further development can be designed as the pin wall. like can move both sides.




That remain me the UK pavilion for ShangHai EXPO 2010




For further design can think about that different length of the bricks that can create different shape.Also the light can be installed into the frame, and at night the light will come through the gaps between bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment